Welcome to the Glan Rhyd Surgery Website
Glan Rhyd Surgery is changing the way we interact with our patient’s and how all GP appointments are managed…………….Why?
- We want to improve how quickly and efficiently you can receive input, help or advice from your GP
We understand that not everyone NEEDS to have a face to face appointment to deal with their issue and by making this change, we aim to make sure that those who need to SEE a doctor, do so promptly and the get the time that their problem needs
When will this start? Monday 6th August 2018
So what do patients need to do to receive input, help or advice from their GP?
- Patients or their representatives telephone the Practice on a day and at a time to suit them (between 8am and 5pm, Monday-Friday)
- Our receptionists will confirm identity, obtain a contact telephone number and collect a BRIEF description of why you need to talk to the GP - This information enables the GP to prioritise your needs.
- The GP will telephone you back and agree the most appropriate course of action with you – this may result in advice on managing your query/problem/issue, arranging tests, issue of a prescription, a face to face consultation or redirection to an appropriate service
What is the benefit to patients?
- Speak to the GP sooner (same day)
- Saves waiting in the phone queue at 8am
- Avoids wasted journeys/ unnecessary appointments/wasted time off work
In order for us to implement the changes smoothly, this means that with effect from Friday 6th July 2018, patients will be unable to book an appointment in advance (routine)
But don’t worry, for matters that can’t wait, we will still offer our same day service during the month of July.
If you have comments or queries, you can contact the surgery team from this website.
****** AVOID THE QUEUE - TOUCH SCREEN SELF SERVICE CHECK IN NOW FULLY OPERATIONAL***
(Site updated 07/06/2018)